Sunday, February 16, 2014

Supreme Scrap Tournament Challenge # 2

I have to confess I'm very surprised & honoured to still be in this competition...the talent is truly amazing!

Challenge # 2 was certainly that!!! Supreme Scrap Tournament Challenge # 2 is...

Make a monochromatic colour layout


  • 1. Pages :                         2 pages Layout (double page!)
  • 2. Theme:                         You can choose your own theme
  • 3. Colour LO:                   The monochromatic color scheme you use is up to you
  • 4. How many Photos:        Minimum of 1 photo
  • 5. Photos:                         - One photo must be partly on the left and partly on the right page                                                         -  One photo needs to be black and white
  • 6. Not to be used:              - You are restricted from using black anywhere on the layout including, ink, paint, pen lines, journaling or any other elements. 
  •         - There is not to be black on the page with the exception of your black and white photo(s).
  •         - You can not use brown to antique elements unless brown is the colour you choose for your                 monochromatic colour scheme.
  • 7. Materials you may use:   embellishments, ink, media stuff, everything that you want in the monochromatic colour


LOL I can't believe I've just done my 2nd double layout within a week! My real issue is that I normally use a kraft of white cardstock for my background & I really struggled to find two pieces of paper the same, add to that so many patterned papers had other colours in them. I finally settled on Tim Holtz Distress range, & with the addition of his inks, everything blended well together. I couldn't even use my beloved mists as they also had gold or silver highlights ;)

Here is a close up of the paint, stamping & inking that I used to create interest in the background.


Thanks for stopping by...as always, a huge thank you for all your lovely comments! I would certainly love to hear what you think of my monochromatic layout! :)
Happy scrapping!

6 comments:

  1. Yay! Good on you!!! This is such a TOUCH one...& I couldn't believe it when they said it was another double!!! It aint easy.....WELL DONE.....I don't think I could've done a LO...the card was bad enough!!!! I'm sorta hoping I DON'T get through the next round...bit naughty of me, but it's soooo..... CHALLENGING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your double monochromatic layout, there is plenty of interest in your back ground and it does look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks great paula, Such a great challenge to be involved in, love that colour scheme

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just fabulous. My fave shade as well! What a great challenge

    ReplyDelete