Friday, February 7, 2014

Supreme Scrap Tournament 2014

I was very excited to be a part of the Supreme Scrap Tournament that was set up late last year, which was to start this February. Haha Feb 1st came & went...I had completely forgot about it ;) not a great start! When I saw the challenge, which was...

Scrapbooking: 1000 steps from home
Make a double layout or double mixed media project that shows where your live. 
But it all has to be within 1000 steps from your home!!!!
For example you could make photos of your favorite tree, busstop, house as long it is within 1000 steps of your home!

- You can not use any spray inkts!
- You will have to use at least 3 photos on your project (scrapbooking and mixed media!!)
- You will have to add a visible journaling of at least 50 words


...LOL it took me a while to get over the shock of NO MISTS & a double!!! I set off to print my photos, I knew exactly what I wanted to do! But before I could start, a few issues had developed over the 'criteria' & there was much confusion! This added a lot of confusion for me & I did what I do best...2nd guess myself! I spent most of the week 'umming & ahhing' over what to do? :/
In the end, I went with my original idea...it has meaning to me & all the family & whatever happens, the layout will be a 'true memory' for the family album.


It is of our favourite tree, which is just off our property, but we call it 'ours'. It's home to a tawny frogmouth who initially hoots every evening till he found a mate. They stayed together in that tree for several months till almost winter when there was no more leaves for protection. It's wonderful to look up & see them snuggling together. Each year they return & we all think it's rather special!


A close up...because a double layout is really hard to see ;)
Thanks for stopping by...we will be uploading the challenges for KIU & 123 very soon. As always, a huge thank you for your lovely comments, I do appreciate them x

Happy scrapping!

2 comments:

  1. love your white space and how you put the sequin mesh!! good luck at the tournament!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh i was just reading this... what a wonderful idea and prompt!... this is a great double. love all the layers around the photos and j-spot!

    ReplyDelete